Logistics is currently one of the jobs favored by many young people around the world. SO What is logistics?? What is the working environment like in this field? If you are still confused or confused about this concept, the following information will partly help you understand the logistics work better.
Let’s go Blog Thiên Minh Find out now!
Logistics is an industry with many job opportunities
What is logistics?
Logistics is temporarily understood in the Vietnamese sense as “logistics”, it is a specialized term derived from Greek. In general, logistics is a process that includes activities related to goods such as: product packaging, storage of goods, transport, customs clearance, warehousing, rotation of goods,…
The ultimate goal of this chain of activities is to bring the product from the place of supply to the final consumer in the most optimal way possible. Therefore, companies should plan a meticulous and appropriate logistics strategy to save time, effort and transportation costs.
What is logistics?
What activities does logistics include?
Logistics includes 7 activities:
- Demand Forecast
- Customer service
- Classification of goods
- Packing and unloading of goods
- Selection of factory and warehouse locations
- Broadcast information
- Inventory control
- Transportation of raw materials
- Order process
Popular forms of logistics
In the process of contacting customers, you must have heard of the concept of 3PL, which stands for Third Party Logistics Provider. But the shapes Logistics Popularity also includes 1PL, 2PL and 4PL. So what do they mean?
P stands for Party, only the parties involved, so the form of logistics is also divided by the parties involved.
- 1PL: In other words, logistics is self-sufficient, only manufacturing companies will be responsible for all storage and transport activities, from entry to exit. These companies own many transport vehicles, factories and assembly and dismantling equipment.
- 2PL: Being known as a second party service provider means that the company will provide both logistics management and outsourcing of logistics services for an activity in this business chain.
- 3PL: Means providing third-party services (Contracted Logistics). Companies will actively outsource logistics services. The lessee will represent the lessor in managing and performing the logistics activities in accordance with the contract.
- 4PL: That is, to provide fourth party logistics services (distribution chain logistics). Companies that hire logistics services will undertake all stages including distribution and related party management, ensuring that all logistics activities are operated efficiently.
Job opportunities in the logistics sector
According to statistics, the industry Logistics In Vietnam, there is a very rapid development with more than 1,500 companies operating in this field. However, the current human resources of our country are sorely lacking and not highly valued. It is estimated that around 80% of workers have received no formal training.
Therefore, the Vietnam Logistics Research and Development Institute estimates that over the next three years, we will need 18,000 additional employees, opening up many opportunities for young people who want to try their hand at this field.
Fork Logistics Currently, in Vietnam, the starting salary is 6 to 7 million/month. The Logistics Manager position will range between $3,000-$4,000/month and $5,000-$7,000/month for the Supply Chain Manager position.
The opportunities for advancement in the logistics sector are very high
To do well in the field Logistics then you must meet the professional requirements. In addition, drive and creativity are necessary factors for you to confidently move forward to become an expert and receive the desired salary.