As we all know, English is a universal and popular language today. English is widely used and is an indispensable language in many transactions.
Filling in personal information in English has become an important factor, recruiters or websites that we still see today ask them to fill in forms in English. SO “What is the family name?? Do you know the meaning of this word? If your English is still limited and you don’t know this information, you can refer to the following article from Blog Thien Minh.
What is the family name?
What is the family name?
Surname is an English word, when translated into Vietnamese, it means “surname”, is the surname in the general name, is a part of a person’s full name, is an indispensable personal information of each person. Synonym of Surname they are: surname and surname. The above three words have common meaning.
For example: Your name is Hoang Nha Phuong
Then the family name will be: Hoang
Last Name = Last Name = Last Name = Hoang (your last name)
So you can see that “Name” carries the notion of surname, surname in surname and personal name. Because “Name” is synonymous with the two words above, in a web page, or on an information form, if the word “Name” is present, the other two words will not be used and vice versa.
International Name Fill Form Components
Whether it is English or Vietnamese language, when filling the personal profile declaration form, the 3 elements must be completed, namely: first name, middle name and last name. Or call it otherwise according to the English name, that is: first name, middle name, last name.
The difference between naming in Vietnamese and English
- First name: is the name of the person. According to the Vietnamese language, the first name will be in last position, according to the rule: surname – middle name – first name. In English, the first name is the first word that cannot be, according to the rule: first name – middle name – surname.
- Middle name: means middle name, placed between the first name and the last name. This word has the same position in both languages
- Surname (surname, surname) has a concept that means surname. In English, they occupy the last position in the structure, because the British often read and write backwards in Vietnamese. This is why people who do not know or understand are very easily confused. Although compared with English and Vietnamese, it is only a small difference, but if not distinguished, it will greatly affect life.
Example how to correctly use the surname
Form table form, fill in the name in English
If your name is: Doan Hong Minh, you will fill in your name according to the form as follows:
- First name = your name: Minh
- Middle name = middle name: Hong
- Name=Name=Surname=Name: Doan
Surname is an extremely important term, you should not confuse this term with other terms, as this will cause disorder in the order of your particular name structure and in the table. Fill in your general information. When you know what last name is, you will be more confident in communication as well as in the process of using online websites.
here is the informations Blog Thien Minh I explain the concept What is the family name? With some related issues, I hope the article provided you with extremely useful and practical knowledge of English, got used to using English to fill in the correct and accurate information. I wish you always happy and lots of joy in life.